Modern logistics encompasses many tasks. Large trading companies have logisticians, but it’s more profitable for small companies to delegate some functions to outsourcing companies - logistics providers. Do not refuse the services of specialists in certain areas and reputable firms.
Classification of logistics providers
Depending on the degree of involvement of the logistics provider and the level of service, it is customary to use the following classification of operators:
- 1PL - all operations for organizing transportation are independently performed by the owner of the cargo. The participation of the logistics provider is excluded.
- 2PL is a lower level of service where the provider directly deals only with transportation and warehousing of cargo. An example is the majority of domestic trucking companies.
- 3PL - the operator provides a range of services for the delivery of cargo. In addition to transportation, it includes packaging, labeling, customs clearance, and some other services.
- 4PL - the operator organizes all stages of transportation, ensuring the integration of all participants in the process. Control over each stage lies with the provider.
Features 3PL outsourcing
3PL logistics implies the transfer of a part of its functions by the customer to an operator who has extensive experience and the ability to provide transportation of any type of cargo and over any distance. At his disposal:
- various types of transport - land, air, sea;
- warehouse complexes with established specifications characteristics (concrete flooring, ventilation, security and fire safety, etc.);
- transshipment warehouses - used for short-term storage of goods before loading them into a vehicle.
This allows you to expand the volume of freight, improve the quality of services. For a warehouse complex, it is important to have special equipment that helps to process dissimilar types of goods. It is important to have sufficient storage space - for a seasonal increase in cargo traffic.
The duties of the operator include the development of regular and individual schemes for the transport of goods, optimization of work with suppliers, the organization of the system of warehouse accounting and cargo handling, their customs clearance. To do this, the outsourcing staff has specialists in various fields - including accountants and economists, customs brokers, experienced lawyers.
Benefits of the 3PL operator
Logistics providers of this level are fully liable for obligations to the customer, including for adherence to the transportation schedule, the agreed route, possible damage and loss of cargo.
Logistics company "Express Logistics" organizes international cargo transportation with the participation of various types of transport - road, air, rail, sea. 3PL operator uses its own transport and attracts the necessary equipment. In-house and in warehouses of partner companies, including foreign ones, are responsible storage of goods, as well as consolidation of groupage cargoes.
Experienced logistic company specialists provide:
- transportation of goods on international routes;
- support of cargoes;
- consolidation and long-term custody;
- customs clearance;
- audit; cargo in own warehouses and warehouses of partner companies;
- cargo insurance;
- freight calculations, etc.
For a 3PL client, logistics provides:
- the opportunity not to be distracted from the main business areas;
- reduce the risks that accompany logistic processes;
- improved market analysis and rapid adaptation to its changes;
- acceleration of the logistics cycle.
Experienced specialists of the logistics company "Express Logistics" provide comprehensive services for Russian organizations that are participants in foreign economic activity. We take care of all the client's concerns and use all our own and attracted resources to carry out the project. Responsibility and professionalism allow quickly from serious financial expenses to deliver cargo of any type from / to any country of the world.