Customs declaration for international shipment
The declaration is a mandatory document that is issued when crossing the imported or withdrawn goods across the state border. With its help, the customs gets the necessary amount of data on the cargo, allowing you to confirm compliance with the legislation of the Russian Federation and the legitimacy of its transportation. It is extremely important to ensure that the declaration contains correct and reliable information, since the identification of discrepancies between the presented and actual data entails administrative responsibility, as well as the delay of the goods. Express Logistics guarantees the preparation of the correct documentation package, which eliminates the likelihood of delays and other troubles during the entire transportation.
The timing of the customs declaration is directly dependent on the size, quantity of cargo, as well as on whether the country is in the Customs Union. The Russian Federation is a member of the CU, therefore the declaration on the import of cargo must be filed before the end of the term, which is set aside for temporary storage - 2 months. At the personal request of the applicant, this period may be extended by another 2 months. If the goods are exported, the customs declaration must be submitted before the moment of their departure from the territory of the CU.
Stages of customs declarationTo implement the cargo declaration, it is necessary to go through the following stages:
- Registration and issuance of a declaration on transferable goods.
- Checking the HS code (if the cargo belongs to an incorrect category, the customs service independently sets a suitable code on it).
- Verification of the compliance of the data provided on the value of the transported goods with the actual price. For confirmation, you may need to provide documents that indicate the price of the goods. If customs officers suspect or do not include this document, a request may be sent to the relevant control services to clarify the cost.
- Payment of state fees and taxes.
- Control of financial transfers to bank accounts in accordance with clearly defined foreign trade transactions.
Customs Declaration Forms
To date, to confirm the legality of the transportation of cargo can be made several types of customs declaration. Among them:
- Oral - relevant only to individuals who transport goods for personal use across the state border. In this case, the individual is sent to the "green corridor", where he indicates that he does not carry with him goods intended for the realization of commercial goals. If, at a subsequent inspection by an authorized customs service officer, a cargo is revealed that must be declared on a mandatory basis, the person is held liable for violation of the legislation of the Russian Federation.
- Written - is mandatory for legal entities engaged in the export or import of goods. In some cases, an individual also undertakes to issue a written declaration (he also has the right to do so on his own will). In most cases, this form of declaration of goods transported is used for vehicles crossing the state border.
- Electronic - this declaration is made remotely. Such a document is also prepared in accordance with existing requirements and standards, and also contains a certificate in the form of a digital signature. Thanks to the electronic declaration, you can greatly reduce the test time.
Independent preparation of a customs declaration, without professional assistance, often encounters such problems as the presence of errors in the document, the intentional or unintentional non-inclusion of goods in the list of cargo being transported, as well as suspicions among customs officers. Cooperation with the international transport company "Express Logistics" is a guarantee of reliability, qualified advice from experts with many years of experience, operational work and responsible fulfillment of undertaken obligations.