Often, transport companies are faced with the need to transport small shipments of cargo from several senders along the same route. For convenience of transportation, they are consolidated in the warehouse of the company-carrier. The formation of a single batch of disparate goods allows you to draw on them a common transport document and optimize the cost of transportation.
What is cargo consolidation?
Consolidation refers to the collection and preparation for shipment of several shipments from different shippers to the carrier’s warehouse. After accumulating a certain amount of cargo, sufficient to load a vehicle (car, railway car or container), a single transport document is issued for the consolidated cargo.
Professional consolidation ensures the financial savings of the customer and the transport company, the efficiency of shipment and its preservation. Consolidation of cargoes from the "Express Logistics" company includes the following stages:
- Consignment in the warehouse of the sender. It is included in the “door-to-door” service package or it can be a separate service ordered from the carrier company. The sender gets the opportunity not to waste time and money on organizing the delivery of goods to the consolidated warehouse.
- Packaging. The necessary stage of transportation, ensuring the safety of the cargo (its appearance) during transportation. Cargo can be packaged directly by the consignor, in this case the carrier company is only liable for damage to the package. Considering that in many cases only competent packaging ensures the integrity of the goods and eliminates damage to them on the road, it is better to entrust the packaging to professionals who are engaged in consolidation of cargo.
- Taring this is the definition of the exact dimensions and weight of the load. The stage is necessary, because when sending consolidated cargoes, the cost of transportation services for each sender is calculated on the basis of these parameters. Weighing and measuring are performed using accurate measuring instruments and equipment.
- Sorting. This is the main stage of consolidation, as the competent placement of specialists determines the optimal placement of all goods in the vehicle. All products are distributed on the basis of the direction of their delivery. Then, lots of homogeneous goods are formed taking into account the requirements for the conditions of their transportation (temperature, compliance with the commodity neighborhood, etc.)
Organization of transportation of consolidated cargo
The logistics company "Express Logistics" has a well-established consolidation scheme and organizes the rapid shipment of consolidated cargoes on international routes by various means of transport:
A well-developed network of own and partner consolidated warehouses provides for the convenience of accumulation and the speed of sending groupage cargoes. Professional customer service is provided at every stage of consolidation.
- reception and clearance of goods in stock;
- packaging or additional packaging;
- responsible storage;
Consolidation is economically beneficial to shippers of small and regular shipments. Warehouse complexes of the logistics company "Express Logistics" and its partners are located in large cities, sea ports of Russia and other countries, so that experienced specialists ensure fast delivery of goods according to individual transportation schemes. All complexes are equipped with special equipment and equipment that allows loading and unloading and calibration.
The "Express Logistics" company offers its customers comprehensive cargo consolidation services:
- loading and unloading;
- packaging of any type of cargo in accordance with export conditions (selection of containers, reinforcement of existing packaging, winding with stretch film, etc.);
- sorting of cargo based on the direction of transportation;
- palletizing and marking, which is carried out on the basis of the regulatory requirements of international and national legislation;
- organization of responsible storage of cargo;
- inventory management.
Our experts provide the following types of consulting services:
- cargo insurance;
- registration of transport documents and export declarations;
- customs clearance.
Until delivery to the recipient, the carrier is responsible for the safety of the goods. The consolidated warehouses of our partners provide the necessary storage conditions and the frequency of shipment of goods in certain areas. This allows us not to accumulate cargo and to comply with schedules of cargo transportation in directions.
These schedules of shipment and terms of transportation of goods in international directions depend on several parameters:
- route distance;
- workload directions;
- a vehicle that allows optimal and fast delivery of cargo to the addressee.
The "Express Logistics" company provides prompt execution of orders for the transportation of goods, regardless of the required direction of international transportation and cargo volume.