International multimodal transport of goods is carried out not by one, but by several modes of transport. This method is used if the goods are delivered over a long distance or cannot be delivered by a single vehicle.
Features of international multimodal transport of goods
The main feature of international mixed cargo transportation is that they are carried out in several stages on different vehicles, but by one company. It is responsible for the entire process, including transshipment, customs costs or ship freight.
What is multimodal transportation?
Multimodal transportation, which is sometimes called mixed, intermodal or multimodal, we mean such opportunities:
- at the first stage, the cargo is prepared for shipment by air or sea transport from the country of shipment;
- after arrival in Russia the goods are reloaded on the car or in railway cars;
- then there is a targeted transportation to the recipient, all processes are performed by one operator with full responsibility.
One of the important stages of this task is the reloading of products. It is necessary to preserve the integrity of the object of transportation, take into account its features and requirements. Therefore, the service must be provided by a company that gives a full guarantee at all stages of this complex procedure.
Advantages of mixed cargo transportation
There are several advantages that international mixed cargo transportation gives to customers:
- Improving accessibility to transport for shipper or consignee. The car from the factory to the railway station, then by railway to the seaport, then by sea, and then again the car – quite a common thing for such transportations.
- Simplified design. It is enough for the customer to sign a contract with one company, which will organize the delivery of cargo and the selection of transport. It is also responsible for the safety of the cargo.
- The time and/or cost of delivery may be reduced. This is possible thanks to a combination of the most convenient in specific cases of vehicles.
How to order international combined transport of goods?
To order international mixed (multimodal) cargo, please fill in the application form on the website or call to our company. We do not have an online calculator for calculating the cost, because such services give only approximate results. They do not take into account the characteristics of the goods, the amount of customs duties or the need for certification for some products. As a result, actual and estimated figures may differ significantly. We initially take into account all the variable data and give the final cost and time of delivery.