Shipping and transportation of goods. Types of cargo. International shipping of goods, containers
Logistics company "Express Logistics" offers a range of services for the transportation of goods around the country and the world in a short time. We will help you find reliable suppliers, issue customs documents, provide legal and warehousing services.
Types of freight
To solve logistics problems, we select the optimal transportation schemes and the most appropriate types of transport. Depending on the volume of cargo, its type and urgency of delivery, various types of cargo transportation can be used:
- Automotive. This is the most popular type of cargo transportation on domestic Russian and international routes - to the countries with which Russia is connected by land routes. For short distances, trucking is the most profitable. They allow you to pick up the goods in almost any locality and deliver it to the consignee’s warehouse. This ensures high speed of delivery and the ability to track the location of the car using modern surveillance systems.
- Rail transportation. A wide branched network of railways allows for the delivery of cargo on domestic routes and to the countries of Europe and Asia, with which Russia has a land connection. Containers are used for transportation, and often railway transport is used in multimodal cargo transportation.
- Air freight. The most expensive form of transportation, therefore, is used only in case of emergency - if you need to urgently deliver a cargo of small volume, or if this cargo is perishable. Air transport has many limitations - in terms of dimensions, types of cargo.
- Sea and river transportation. This is the most economical type of transportation, it is used for international transportation in countries with seaports. In some cases - this is the only way to deliver the goods.
In which areas does "Express Logistics" work?
Over the years, the specialists of the logistics company "Express Logistics" have developed their own concept of customer service and offer a wide range of services for the transportation of various goods over any distance. The most popular types of cargo:
- Industrial equipment and spare parts are popular foreign-made goods that are often ordered from China, Germany or the USA. We help to transport devices and accessories to them in any quantities. For delivery, usually used by sea or rail transport, which is able to transport large size structures.
- Consumer goods are items for personal use. It should be noted that some products from this category require the selection of special transport for transportation, for example, refrigerators with built-in climate equipment.
- Clothing and footwear is another common product that is imported from abroad. This is one of the most sought-after industry services that our company provides.
- Textiles and textile products - this material is imported into our country from various countries. A distinctive feature of this type of product is the packaging in which the goods are transported. It can be soft, for example bales and bales and hard - wooden boxes and drawers.
- Food and agricultural raw materials. These are cereals, vegetables and seeds, for the transport of which it is necessary to obtain special conclusions. Some products from this category require the selection of special vehicles for transportation, for example, refrigerators with built-in climatic equipment. This type of industry transportation requires a special approach - the right commodity neighborhoods for forwarding, reliable packaging, the use of climatic equipment and large containers.
- Retail - for retailers, goods are often delivered as part of groupage or multimodal goods with the ability to deliver to different addressees the necessary commodity elements within one general cargo.
- Construction equipment is also transported as part of general or groupage cargo in the form of separate components and elements of production lines.
- Power industry.
- Agriculture is grain crops, vegetables and seeds, for the transport of which it is necessary to obtain special conclusions.
- Chemical industry - products are classified as hazardous freight, they are carried out with the help of large tanks in the framework of rail, sea and road transport.
- The industry of fashion and beauty - cosmetics, fabrics and products from textiles. When transporting special requirements for packing cargo. To ensure safety during transportation and storage, soft packaging (bales and trunks) or solid (wooden or cardboard boxes and boxes) are used.
- Mining industry.
- Oil and gas industry - Products of the petrochemical industry. Taking into account the special properties of the cargo, there are special requirements for transport for the transport of petroleum products, liquefied gas and other petrochemical products. The carrier must comply with international regulations for the transport of dangerous goods and transport requirements in the sending and receiving countries.
Wholesale and retail goods are often shipped as part of groupage cargo. This requires the specialists of the logistics company competent organization of delivery of the goods directly to the recipient. If necessary, we provide a cargo escort service. Qualified freight forwarders will ensure the rapid passage of control, border points, will interact with the customs authorities, whose responsibility is the clearance of exported and imported goods.