Multimodal transportation – the ability to transport cargo using different types of transport (air, road, rail, sea) in the framework of the services of the company «Express Logistics», under a single contract. After the conclusion of the contract, we are fully responsible for the safety of the transported products during the entire route of the goods to the point of delivery. At the same time, the presence and participation of the cargo owner in the process are completely excluded.
Multimodal transportation and its features
There are certain conditions under which without multimodal transportation can not do:
- there is no one mode of transport direct communication between the point of departure and the point of delivery;
- if the consignee does not agree with the terms of delivery that exist when transporting the shipment by single transport.
the consignee can arrange delivery of goods by different modes of transport from several carriers – that is, order intermodal delivery. These types of transportation have certain differences, for example, the latter has significant disadvantages:
- the number of documents that need to be issued for shipment increases;
- if the cargo is lost or damaged, it will be almost impossible to find the culprit among a large number of carriers;
- the cost of cargo delivery increases - there are Agency fees and payment for the services of intermediaries.
Our company carries out multimodal transportation to anywhere in the world at an affordable cost, while we take full responsibility for the safety of the cargo during its movement along the route.
Multimodal transportation-advantages for the customer
If the transportation is ordered by a large company-this type of transportation of products over long distances is the most profitable and convenient. The client practically does not take an active part in the process – it is enough to turn to a reliable carrier in the person of TC "Express logistics" and conclude a contract. Our specialists will take care of all other issues related to sending the cargo to the destination.
Our logisticians develop the most suitable route on time, price, and safety of cargo transportation. Transport is chosen by the client, and experts calculate the optimal price to make it acceptable for both sides. When transport needs to be all the way to the consignee to receive the parcel in the shortest possible time.
An integrated approach to the delivery of «Express Logistics»
When you contact our company, the client receives the following list of services included in the complex multimodal delivery:
- development of the route;
- loading and unloading operations all along the way, from the warehouse of the sender and to the point of receipt of the shipment;
- saving money when using our services;
- transport safety all the way;;
- optimal delivery time;
- customs clearance, Declaration and certification;
- insurance for the period of transportation.
We will help you to deliver any size and weight of goods anywhere in the world. Still have questions-call us or fill out the order form.